It’s amazing how unsettled not knowing where you’re going makes you feel.
I’d hoped that this post would be more along the lines of “Yippee, it’s going to be….”, but instead we’re still more or less where we were. We did think the decision was made last week, when it seemed one of our options had all but vanished – but no, it’s still there.
We could, of course, take matters into our own hands and walk away from it – choose to go with the other plan – but neither of us wants to do that. At least, not yet. Fingers crossed we should know by the end of the month, all being well.
For now – we just have to live with the frustration. There are a hundred and one questions we have about each potential destination, not to mention arrangements we can start to put in place. But until we know where it will be, there’s no point.
We’ve started making friends with people on the forums, asking some exploratory questions of those who live in each place we could be relocating to. Everyone is so helpful and supportive, and offers to introduce us to contacts…. Not being able to take any of it forward or wanting to waste anyone’s time means we have to draw back. For now, anyway.
So, instead, we do what we can. Decorating, de-cluttering, writing notes and making lists, all the while with fingers crossed that matters will be resolved as soon as possible.
My sights are fixed on the end of September. Please, please let us have an answer by then.